While I was looking through the new West Elm Catalogue this wall hanging next to the fire place caught my eye. I feel like wall hangings are EVERYWHERE these days but I loved this one and how simple and different it is to the usual (woven) hangings you see all over pinterest. I've been so over the blank walls in my office and I knew this "simple to make" circle wall hanging was just what it needed. Plus I can never have enough of that yummy combination of dark green a nude pink around my house.
You can see the original one below.
|| Things You'll Need ||
- A large swatch of thick green (or color of choice) vinyl or Faux leather (I bought mine here).
- A small swatch or scrap piece of leather (or vinyl again if you prefer - bought mine here).
- 1 small wooden dowel about 12in or 30cm, most arts supply stores or home improvements stores will have them.
- Jute or any type of thin rope / string you prefer.
|| Directions ||
- Trace a large circle on the inside of your vinyl, leather etc. (I used a stool as it was the largest circle I had around my house) and do the same for your small circle (a coaster will work).
- Cut out both circles and then using the sharp point of the scissors puncture a hole at the top and bottom of the large circle (using a ruler to make sure they are lined up in the center) and just 1 small hole at the top of the small circle.
- Lay the circles out on a flat surface leaving about 6 inches between each circle and wooden dowel.
- Thread the string through the hole at the "top" of the smaller circle from the front to back and make a knot big enough it won't slip through the hole. Then thread the other end through the bottom hole of the larger circle front to back and knot it.
- Repeat the above the steps from the top of the large circle to the wooden dowel right in the center. Once you've got your circles in place then tie your string from one end of the wooden dowel (leave some slack for hanging) and then tie on the other end of the dowel.
This is such an easy DIY and leaves a big impact in any room.