We are seriously OBSESSED with this salad! I had it for lunch everyday last week. It's great because It's so simple and light! It also pairs really well with summer and winter dishes.
|| R E C I P E ||
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale (about 14 oz), ribs removed and leaves sliced into 1/4-inch shreds
- 1/2 cup finely grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus shavings for garnish
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat breadcrumbs, toasted
1. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes. Add kale and toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 to 30 minutes.
2. Add grated cheese and breadcrumbs and toss.
3. Garnish with shaved cheese before serving. Cover and refrigerate leftovers up to two days.
Sources // Martha Stewart