According to my Instagram feed Fall has officially arrived in North America and I am beyond jealous of all the leaves changing colours, the boots with sweaters and pumpkin everything! Thankfully the weather has been good to me this year and kept the warm Australian spring away a little longer then expected... AND Australian Starbucks finally for the first time ever has Pumpkin Spice Lattes!! Can I get an amen?! So naturally wanting to feel all festive and while sipping on my PSL, I decided to bring a little hint of fall into our home, at least until the 80 degree weather hits.
These marble candles are really simple and paired with some eucalyptus and pumpkins will give you all the Fall Feels! See the full DIY below!
|| W H A T Y O U' L L N E E D ||
- white tapered candles
- black or dark coloured nail polish
- a deep container (that will allow you to fully submerse the candle)
- a large ziplock bag
- rubber gloves
|| D I R E C T I O N S ||
- place the ziplock bag in the container and hold in place with rubber band if needed.
- fill the container almost to the top (full enough it will allow you to fully place your candle under the water).
- drop several drops of nail polish into the water (optional: some like to stir the paint around with a stick ahead of time so the water looks "marbled" but I found all the paint stuck to the stick I was stirring with).
- then with rubber gloves on, hold the bottom of the candle and slowly but without stopping dip your candle in the water until it's completely submerged and as soon as it is, lift it out of the water again, turning the candle as you do so in one steady motion.
- immediately place on a paper towel to dry and repeat the process adding more drops to the water before the next candle.