Berry smoothies are my (Cassandra) absolute favorite! Berry flavoured anything and I am there! In Australia, berries can be crazy expensive but luckily I don't mind the frozen ones and then I don't have to add ice ;) Smoothies or protein shakes are my go to brekky or a great way to finish off an intense workout.
Below is my favourite recipe (I normally add more protein depending on my workout routine that day).
|| Blueberry Chia Smoothie Recipe ||
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp of protein concentrate of choice
- 1/4 tsp of Vital Greens (or your own greens powder)
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 serving of almond milk (go organic if you can)
- frozen banana (this adds to the thickness and make it nice and sweet - totally up to you, but I didn't add that in the nutritional facts!)
Blend it all up and enjoy! <3
Calories 291 Fat 6.4g Fiber 8.2g Carbs 23.8g Protein 38.4g (may be different on your servings and brands)